This isn’t really a food blog, but I adapted a cupcake recipe from Pinterest recently and the results were soooo good that I wanted to share.
I am trying to eliminate chocolate treats in my house because it seems to make the tiny tyrant even more….tyrannical.
But I had a jones for a treat, and ‘nilla also meets the tyrant’s stringent standards. I have made these both as minis and regular sized cupcakes, and they bake up beautiful and fluffy, and don’t DEFLATE as soon as they come out the oven.
I’m not including a recipe for frosting because my absolute favorite, go-to frosting recipe flopped the last time I tried it so I’m a little gun-shy. For my latest batch (which is cooling on the rack as we speak) I am going to try a glaze rather than a frosting. Frankly, the cake is so moist and delicious that I daresay frosting is optional.
And without further ado, here is the path to vanilla happiness.
1 and 2/3 cups of AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
3/4 cup milk
3 tsps. vanilla extract
1) preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2) line muffin tin with cupcake papers (12 regular or 24 minis).
3) in a medium bowl, combine flour, powder, soda and salt.
4) in a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Stir in the sugar. Add egg, yogurt, milk, and vanilla and stir until combined.
5) add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well-combined.
6) divide into 12 cups and bake for 20 minutes. (For minis, reduce bake time to 18 minutes).
7) allow to cool and ice with the frosting of your choice or enjoy them neat.
I have no idea how long these last because they haven’t survived for more than two days! Enjoy and have a nice long weekend. 🙂